Tuesday, November 3, 2015

BitFenix Micro ATX, Mini ITX Motherboard Pc Case Green

BitFenix Pc Case

bitfenix-pc-case-green
Reimagined with micro ATX compatibility, Prodigy M enables users to install multiple expansion cards while maintaining the same compact dimensions and sleek look of the original Prodigy. Suspended with two FyberFlex Composite handles for shock absorption, Prodigy M can be easily transported to the next room or to the next LAN party. Prodigy M now also comes in several vibrant colors to match virtually any decor.

bitfenix-pc-case-green
This is the review BitFenix Pc Case

The Good

Great case for those seeking a small lightweight build, For a case that costs about $100, I found it to above average in fit and finish. The unusual mounting for the power supply has prompted me to set up downdraft airflow, a setup I hope will reduce dust inside. The mounts for 2.5" drives in the solid side panel did not seem practical as cable connection and routing are not logical. If the plastic mounts were oriented from the opposite edge of the panel, connections would be easier. I opted for bottom mount of both a 3.5" hard drive and an SSD. I had to fabricate a mount for the SSD as no holes matched existing case holes. The side hard drive bracket I deleted. The two fans provided seem adequate and quiet. Component mounting was without problems... Installation of optical drive precludes using two fans in the top. Clearance for the GeForce 750TI graphics card was adequate, but, I had to make all motherboard connections prior to installing it. Cable routing and security was easily done leaving lots of room for airflow and view of the interior. A flip-down optical drive door would've been swell. Generally, this case was an easy build with above average quality and features. A decent value, too.

bitfenix-pc-case-green


Size and Weight -A full tower is nice, but I wanted something that was smaller and offered a little portability and this gave me both. With everything it has a little weight to it, but nothing thats too bad and the handles are well made and give me no reason to doubt their durability.
Power supply installation - The power supply installation approach used in this case is both clever and a breeze. It also supports a full size PSU which is what I needed in a micro atx case.
Screws and tools-Comes with a nice variety screws including thumbscrews and HDD washers so that is nice


Look and Feel - As you can see in the pictures I have the blue one and it looks great despite me dinging up a bit working in it. Going from a glossy white finished case that didn't age too well, I think this case will retain it's good looks over time so in that regard I am pleased.
bitfenix-pc-case-green

The Bad

Bottom Hard drive installation- The way I have the hard drives placed is at the bottom of the case and it was a battle securing them with the screws and method that is used to secure them. I figured out after much frustration that you have to screw in the middle to lock them, but I found this to be more annoying than just dealing with a small singular hole and matching it up to the holes on the Hard drive.

bitfenix-pc-case-green


*I should note that it does come with a Hard drive mount that stands vertical in the case, but for air flow and aesthetic purposes, and the fact that my motherboard only supports one fan header, I decided to take out the bottom fan and put the Hard drives there.

Conclusion: This was my first foray into a small compact build and it was frustrating to say the least, but when it is all said and done it is definitely worth it in my opinion.

bitfenix-pc-case-green

BitFenix Pc Case

 Also Available on Green, Red, Black, White, Orange, Blue.

Item Dimensions L x W x H  14.14 x 9.85 x 16 inches

 



Starting Prices  $93.99 - $122.51 


http://amzn.to/1Wwj0jX

 

No comments:

Post a Comment